Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blog Summary #2

I think that in the blogs which i have written since the last blog summery was due i have been able to incorporate a but more leisure related activities in my schedule. I used to write about how i liked to do a bunch of things but very rarely had the opportunity to do them. Maybe because of the thanksgiving holiday i found time to participate in leisure activities such as spending time with family, going boating and carving pumpkins but i think also that this blog has made me more aware of the importance leisure can have on someones life. I also found myself going out and trying a new sport that normally i probably would have passed up. But i gave it more consideration because i saw other people trying new things in our class or that they wrote about in there blog and it made me want to have a similar experience. I used to be a very active person and have lots of things i could say that i managed in my spare time, and this blog helped me realize that i really do miss doing them. However i am still finding myself suffering from time constraints. I did get to have a nice weekend full of leisure on thanksgiving but then latter paid for it by falling behind in my school work. So this is still the question of how am i suposed to be truley happy with my leisure time when i know that on my list of priorities it has to take the back seat?
I even found that time contraint was what held me back from becoming a leisure educator. I tried to get my boyfriend and my room mate to participate in some more leisure activities with me and they to were unable to because they had no time. So this is when me being the lesiure educator should have shown them how to make time and be able to incorparte both into their lives, right? I would say yes as i believe that that is what a leisure educator would do. But how am i supposed to show them how when i can not figure out myself? I would say i would make time and try and rearrange my priorities but i have to study a lot to do well in school, i have to go to work to make money (so when i do leisure i dont have to worry about money being anoher constraint), and i have to keep up my apratment and othe living responsabilities. And once all that is taken care of im left with very little time for myself. My blog has turned very negagtive but i am still trying to keep a positive attitude about leisure! i do enjoy feeling happy and a leisure experience and i am not going to give up on it that easy. I feel now that i acknowledged my contsraint and i acknowledged that i want to do something about it. I also know that i want to help lesiure educate the people in my life and when we have time i am definetly going to make sure we do them together. This blog is a good way for me to reflect on a certain aspect of my life which is important to me and evaluate how i am doing at it, after this blog i realise i am not doing so well but i also realised that i want to do better and that i am sure i will.

1 comment:

Jessica A said...

Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. 8/10