Sunday, November 23, 2008

Halloween


This Halloween i told myself that i was gonna go all out, have a party (or go to one), dress up a something that looked like it took some careful planning and enjoy the Halloween spirit which i have not been a part of for far to long. What really ended up happening? Not exactly what i had in mind but something that i enjoyed just the same. I love entertaining people! I love getting decorations, figuring out a menu, and creating an atmosphere appropriate to the occasion and watching it unfold. Therefore i decided to have a little dinner party in honor of Halloween night (seeing as my bf did not seem as keen about the whole dress up and party idea). What actually happened was just as good though and i got to go into happy home maker mode! Pablo's (my Boyfriend) best friend was in from Ottawa for the weekend so we had him and his girlfriend over for dinner. We do a lot of couple activities together and his girlfriend veronica, are good friends so it is always a good time.
I went out and bought Halloween decorations and turned the apartment in to a very enchanting place. I had cob webs and spiders and lots of fall colored leafs and wreaths. I decided to try cooking something i had never cooked, i wanted a meal that reminded me of the fall. Therefore i made stuffed pork chops, rice, baked sqaush with a lovely apple nut salad provided by Veronica. Everyone enjoyed the meal, this made me very happy as stuffed pork chops arent as easy as thet look. We theb broke out some alcohool and decided to watch a scary movie. The boys had the choice of I am Legend, and teh girls the classic hocus pocus. We came to a conclusion by playing the only real way to solve such a disagreement. Rock, Paper, Scissors! Of course the ladys one and Hocus Pocus it was. After the movie ended the rest of the night consisted of drinks and quality time spent with good friends.
Although my initial Halloween plan did not pull through, i was still able to have an amazing Halloween. And that is what being leisure educated is all about, when one door closes another opens as there are endless possibilities to find something you can do and keep everyone happy.

No comments: