Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Trapeze

For this class you all know that we were assigned to participate in a new leisure activity which we had never done before. I had a hard time coming up with something that was possible for me to do and at the same time something new. I have a friend who is always telling me the new things she is doing at her trapeze class and suggested that one day i should go with her, then it hit me! yes i should join her and that can be my activity, plus it was something that i would have loved to try regardless. I told my friend Margaux about it and suggested that she come with me. i also invited my room mate to come with us because i felt as though this might be something she could enjoy with me. We went to the sports complexe in saint Eustache where the Trapeze classes are held. We were to be there at 1:30 for our 2 hour session, they asked that we come 15 mintes early to watch a video that would tell us what we were going to be doing and some safety tips for the session. Once we started i was getting very nervous as the big trapeze was very intimidating but once i started swining i felt evry comefortable. Because i used to do gymnastics i felt very at ease up there swining. I believe that a sport such as gymnastics teaches you to be comfortable in your body and lets you be aware of where you are. Thats why i belive i enjoyed and felt so at ease while going through the steps. It was a very enjoyable experience and i cant wait until i get to do it again.

No comments: