Thursday, October 23, 2008

Camp Kinkora


This last weekend for my leadership class we headed off on a mandatory weekend retreat in Saint Agathe to spend a couple of days in the great outdoors. Did i enjoy this experience? Not particularly. I liked the relationships i started with many of the people in my program, i enjoyed some of the games that we played, but all in all i did not have that good of a time. Was this supposed to be leisure? In a way yes but at no point did i feel like i was having a leisure time. I suppose with some of the games i learned that I could apply them to leisure education but they were a different sort of leisure. It would be more leisure that i would introduce to kids at a day camp them to an older crowd. All of this to say that i was very happy to be home as i was not very comfortable in the camp facilities. I made some good friends and learned some important leadership skills which i am sure will come in handy in my day to day life from now on.

No comments: