Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thanksgivin!

Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite holidays and this year was no different! Every year my family goes to Brockville Ontario on the St. Laurence river to visit my granny and spend time with my uncles, aunts and cousin. This year i went down with my parents for 3 days of family fun and relaxation. My uncle lives on the water so every year we all get in his boat and drive down to the marina where he keeps his boat, its always such a treat because you can see all the changing colors from the water along with all the magnificent houses that line the shore. Other traditions which my family does are things like playing the annual football game which always means good times. I love to this because it allows me to get some excercise, be outside and get a little competative with the family. We also go on a nice walk through the park where my mother and her brothers grew up and took all their swimming lessons. These walks are always fun because there very peaceful and my mom and uncles always have funny stories to tell from their past. Also we always carve pumpkins! this year we tried something new, instead of carving it all the way thro we just kind of shaved the image of a turkey into and it turned out pretty well. And lastly the best part was the Thanksgiving Dinner! My granny is an excelleto cook and its always nice to sit down with everyone altogether. All in all my weekend was really fun and relaxing, a perfect weekend for doing my favorite leisure activities. ( would have been even better if i had not been studyting for a specific midterm i had on the tuesday back... just kidding!)

No comments: